Why should cozy weekends in winter get all of the grilled cheese sandwiches? Let’s normalize grilled cheese as a year-round staple, especially when it can be made to order with the highest quality Loudoun products.
For the Free Range Chicken Grilled Cheese, we’re sourcing products that are available year-round, including non-GMO, non-hormone, non-antibiotic, pasture-raised chickens that are raised on grasses and natural foraging. What does all that mean for you? It tends to mean the best flavor and nutrition, as the chickens are raised on a varied diet of high protein and high fiber. It also means that you know exactly what’s going on your plate.
Grab your favorite pan or griddle and let’s get to work!
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded (Long Stone Farm OR SunPower Farm);
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (Chrysalis Vineyard);
- 8 slices of Little John Cheddar cheese (The Ag District);
- 8 slices of Rosemary Focaccia bread (Little River Bakehouse);
- 2-3 tablespoons butter/non-dairy butter spread/oil, at room temperature.
Jazz It Up:
- Microgreens for Added Nutrition (LGA & Microgreens LLC);
- Hummus and Other Dips (Sacred Hearts Goods);
- Mushrooms (Sacred Hearts Goods).
- Ensure that the chicken is cooked and shredded ahead of time. In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken with hot sauce;
- Spread butter/oil on one side of each slice of bread;
- On the unbuttered side of four slices, place 1/4 of the chicken;
- Top chicken with 2 slices of cheese, then remaining slices of bread, buttered side up;
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat;
- Place sandwiches on a hot skillet, cooking for about four to five minutes on each side. Flip when golden brown;
- Because the chicken is pre-cooked, sandwiches are done when cheese is melted;
- Don’t be afraid to cook one at a time if you only have a smaller pan;
- Cut in half and enjoy!
[minti_button link=”https://loudounfarms.org/recipes/” size=”large” target=”_self” lightbox=”false” color=”color-2″ icon=””]← Back to Recipes[/minti_button]