Spring Farm Tour
May 18 and 19, 2019
10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
See the participants on this year’s Spring Farm Tour in the interactive map below or click here to download a PDF of the brochure.
Copies of the brochure will be available locally at all Loudoun County libraries, community centers, Visit Loudoun and the Government Center in Leesburg.
Interested in eating healthy, selfies with animals, or supporting local business? Then clear your schedule for the 2019 Loudoun Spring Farm Tour on May 18-19, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at 33 participating farms and 63 craft beverage producers.
This free, self-guided tour will happen rain or shine and puts farms in the limelight at the start of growing season.
Loudoun farm products are found year-round in school lunches, restaurant menus, farmers markets, wayside stands and farm subscriptions around the region. Farm tours help close the distance between the consumer and commodities.
To participate in the biannual tour, each farm provides an educational component for visitors. To make touring easier, the full list of farms has been broken into small, themed tours:
- Community Supported Agriculture: Interested in buying a farm subscription? This tour will let you see where your weekly package of produce, meats or dairy originates;
- Hands-On Tour: Get your hands dirty with your choice of strawberry picking, bouquet arranging, crafting and planting;
- Horses and More Tour: Get the perfect selfie with horses, donkeys, alpacas and sheep;
- Little One’s Tour: All of our sites are family-friendly, but these farms put kids first;
- Look and See Tour: Drink in the views as you walk historic trails and tour innovative farms;
- Tastes of Loudoun Tour: Loudoun is on the menu as these farms fire up the grill or provide the ingredients to take home.
Distance Range Radius: KM