Fort Bacon Farm is a 5th generation, family-run farm operating in Loudoun County since 1880. Specializing in Beef, Pork, and Lamb year-round as well as a variety of seasonal offerings, the Cockerill family strives to provide the best care for customers and takes pride in the care of the farm animals, the quality of products, and in their relationship with the local community.
The Cockerill Family Inside Out Stuffed Peppers are a quick, deconstructed take on stuffed peppers without the baking. Useful for a quick meal in the middle of the week or any time you are hungry for some Loudoun Made, Loudoun Grown meat and veggies!
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 – 2 lbs loose pork sausage
- 1 cup white rice
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 2 – 3 whole or sliced bell peppers
- Spice to your liking
- Cook sausage in skillet and drain any undesired oils
- After draining, add peppers and fry for a few minutes
- Combine cheese and cooked rice with skillet mixture