Loudoun Craft Beer Cheese Dip
Fact: Beer cheese dip is the perfect companion to soft pretzels, hard pretzels, chips of any kind, carbohydrates in general and even just with a spoon, by itself. This versatile dip is popular at potlucks and pubs but hasn’t gotten the respect it deserves, until now.
Like most dishes, the finished product is only as good as its ingredients – even beer cheese dip! The Loudoun Craft Beer Cheese Dip combines the best of your favorite craft beer from a Loudoun farm and combines it with the finest goat or cow dairy. Much of the ingredient decision-making is left up to you; just use this recipe for the right proportions!
Course: Appetizer or side dish
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3 minutes (microwave) 20 minutes (crockpot)
- 1 pound of soft cheese (your choice):
- 2 cups of shredded hard cheese (your choice):
- Spice to your liking: try hot sauce from Chrysalis Vineyards
- 1 Loudoun craft beer of your choosing. We recommend:
- Rosemary Focaccia bread (Little River Bakehouse);
- Pretzels, chips, etc.
- Assemble in a bowl for microwave mixing, heating 30 second at a time, OR mix in a crockpot.
- First, combine the soft cheese with the spices, adding a little beer to help stir it.
- Next, mix in the hard cheese, adding a little beer at a time until it reaches the consistency you want.
- Too runny? Add more cheese. Too hard to dip? Add more beer!
← Back to Recipes