Loudoun-Raised Cookout King Burger Recipe
Nothing says summer in Northern Virginia like a cookout with a personal touch. Whether you are a grillmaster or more at home on the range, you’ll have everyone asking for seconds of the Cookout King Burger!
Course: Main Dish
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Rosemary Focaccia bread (Little River Bakehouse);
- 2 tbsp of Fromage blanc spreadable cheese (Locksley Cheese);
- 1/4 cup of microgreens or salad greens (Endless Summer Harvest);
- 1/4 cup of mushrooms of your choice (Three Caps Farm);
- 1/4 cup of onions;
- 3 slices of bacon;
- 1/3 lb. of ground beef (Silcott Springs Farm);
- 1 bread and butter pickle (A Farm Less Ordinary);
- hot sauce for taste (Chrysalis Vineyard).
- In a bowl, mix the ground beef with spices, as desired to create burger patties. Black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder are recommended.
- Once mixed, form beef into patties and let sit until approximately room temperature.
- Grill: preheat the grill to 400 degrees and place patties over the open flame with the lid open. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until done to liking.
- Stovetop: Heat pan on high and spread with a thin layer of cooking oil. Cook 4 minutes per side, or until done to liking.
- In a separate pan, saute the mushrooms and onions until soft.
- Lightly toast rosemary bread and spread Fromage blanc on both sides of the warm slices.
- Layer ingredients to your liking. Enjoy!
← Back to Recipes