- This event has passed.
Polo in the Park at Morven Park
July 20, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm EDT
An event every week that begins at 2:00 pm on Saturday, repeating until August 24, 2019
Come out and enjoy the fastest game on four feet!
Polo in the Park is back from another season at Morven Park, as teams of horses and riders thunder up and down the field every Saturday night from July 6 through Aug. 24.
Each night of the season features two arena polo matches, with the first starting at 7 p.m. and the second starting at 8:30 p.m. (approximately). Both matches will showcase the skills of polo players from around the world, including internationally renowned players Juan Salinas-Bentley and Doug Barnes of Destination Polo.
The sport is thrilling to watch for long-time fans and new spectators alike, with nonstop action in the arena. Families can look forward to the intermission between the matches, when kids of all ages are invited into the polo arena for exciting games, including tug-of-war.
Some friendly tips to spectators:
- Remember to bring a blanket and a picnic dinner. Stone Tower Winery will be on site to sell wine by the bottle or glass. Coolers are welcome and you may bring outside food/drink.
- Polo in the Park patrons MUST be 21 years of age to consume alcoholic beverages. Alcohol must be consumed within the marked areas.
- Pets are not permitted at Polo in the Park. Service animals are welcome.
- Pop-up tents, canopies, sun umbrellas and standing structures of any kind are not permitted.
- BBQs, hibachi grills or open flame of any kind are not permitted.
- Vaping, smoking, e-cigarettes, and cigars are NOT permitted.
- We ask that all polo patrons remove their trash at the end of the evening.
- Morven Park reserves the right to refuse entry or eject a spectator should their behavior be deemed disruptive or offensive to other guests.
- Polo in the Park ends at 11:00 pm. Please allow enough time to remove your personal property from the grounds and vacate the premises promptly at 11:00 pm.
- For questions about accessibility or to request accommodations, please email Polo@MorvenPark.org or call 703.777.2414 x6618. 72-hours advance notice of need for accommodations is requested.
- Polo in the Park may be canceled due to inclement weather. A cancellation decision will be posted on PolointhePark.org by 4:00 p.m. on the day of a scheduled match.