Since gyms and local recreation areas are closed to the public for the foreseeable future, it can be hard to stay active and get a workout when you are social distancing at home without access to gym equipment. Fortunately, we have compiled a list of local gyms and studios offering free in-home workouts during this time, plus a few gyms offering special discounts to new members.
Workout for Free
- The Fitness Equation in Ashburn, Va. is offering free in-home workouts on their YouTube channel. Workouts include using common household objects as weights, HIIT, cardio, strength training, barre, and basic stretching.
- Have you ever wanted to learn how to kickbox? Kickers Sports & Martial Arts Complex is offering free kickboxing classes online and free live martial arts classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. via Zoom.
- Monday through Friday at 7 p.m., Planet Fitness’ Facebook Page is hosting live “Home Work-Ins” hosted by their trainers and surprise celebrity guests. If you can’t make it to the live workouts, each workout will be available for viewing on the Planet Fitness Facebook page and YouTube channel. All Home Work-Ins are 20 minutes or less and require no equipment. For more in-home workouts, download the Planet Fitness app! Locations in Sterling and Ashburn.
- Super Kicks Karate is offering free daily kickboxing classes for parents and free karate classes each day for the entire family. Workouts will be available daily on Facebook live, and on-demand videos will be available if you miss the live class.
- In addition to free in-home workouts, The Fitness Equation is offering a special incentive for new members. Join today for $0 and pay later, plus 75% off the standard enrollment fee and 10% off monthly dues.
- While Breathe with Jennie’s yoga classes are being held online via Zoom, she is offering a five-class pass for $75 (originally $80) that is valid for one year.
- Optimal Fitness offers daily online classes that include cardio, boot camp and mobility. Sign up for one online class for $12 per class, two classes at $11 per class, or three classes at $10 per class.
Looking for even more fitness options and services? See our full list of Loudoun businesses here:Take Loudoun Home