While the entire country is practicing social distancing, Loudoun County wineries are embracing creative virtual experiences that showcase their products while being compliant to state and federal regulations.
While it can be argued that most people choose to visit wineries for the experience, these Loudoun wineries are allowing the consumer to bring the tasting room home for a new way of wine tasting.
Whether you are planning a socially distanced date night or looking to connect with fellow wine connoisseurs virtually, we’ve compiled a list of Loudoun wineries offering virtual experiences from different wineries in the region.
- Walsh Family Wine owners Sarah and Nate Walsh host a weekly video series called DRINKWELL on their Facebook page, which is well worth a ‘like.’ Each week, the duo shares a new tasting experience and the wines you can purchase if you’d like to participate.
- Stone Tower Winery has adopted a similar weekly virtual tasting model and recently launched their At Home Tasting Kits, which features four mini or full bottles of their traditional tastings, so you can taste at your own pace in the comfort of your home or join for the virtual experience. Or, for the ultimate date night, you can also purchase their pizza kit, which includes dough, sauce, and toppings to bring the taste of their tasting room home to you. Be sure to tune into their how-to pizza-making demonstration on Facebook!
- Greenhill Winery & Vineyards has begun a weekly Facebook live video series hosted by Winemaker Ben Comstock and General Manager Jed Gray called Between Two Barrels. Tune in every Thursday at 4 p.m. for their live tasting!
- Each week, Lost Creek Winery is hosting virtual tastings with owner and winemaker, Todd Henkle. Follow Lost Creek Winery on Facebook for updates on virtual tasting dates.
- Bluemont Vineyard is hosting a virtual tasting on April 23, to taste through their 2019 rosés with winemaker Scott Spelbring. In preparation, purchase the rosé bundle on their website to participate in this interactive experience.
- Looking for a virtual experience but don’t want to commit to certain wines? In addition to Breaux Vineyard’s weekly virtual wine tastings, they are offering a “Sunday Funday” Facebook live stream with Ken Wenzel Music every Sunday at noon.
For deals, discounts and curbside pick up at your favorite Loudoun wineries, use the interactive map on our website to see the current list of participating wineries!Take Loudoun Home